Thursday, December 24, 2009

Florescent Night Strolls May Be A Thing of the Past

Yet another day of less tubes, in fact, today no tubes at all. She has been freed from anything holding her down and doesn't even have a pole to hang on to. She began her walks last week with a walker, a pole to drag behind her and family to walk beside her. She then moved on to just the pole and family, then just family and tonight even a walk by herself. She continues to feel good with pain only ranking in at a 1. In hospital terms that means that the meds, or as we like to call it, the good stuff, is not always needed. Her nausea is still an issue but she is now back on a diet that 7 month old babies are used to, and that seems to do the trick.

She is continuing to keep the shingles under control and not bothered by them even though it is cramping our style, but really this is not about us. We are being cautious, but continue to show her our unwavering love by giving her tender pats on the back while wearing blue latex gloves.

We are hopeful for tomorrow! Her Doc came in today and is still impressed with her progress and even gave her the OK to come home today, but it looks more like tomorrow. We are all thrilled with the possibility of her homecoming tomorrow on Christmas Eve and even more thrilled with her speedy recovery!

7 comments:

  1. Ya hoo! That is good news! I hope that she gets to go home too. She is quite the fighter though, so I wouldn't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome news! You are an amazing woman with amazing strength Liz. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz...this is Jan Sweetin (Ranney). I just found out about your situation from John and AJ. Wow, you always did know how to do things in big way:)! I read the email on my phone last night in the car and everytime I woke up during the night I remembered and said a little prayer for you, Mark and your family. From what I've read today on this site, it looks to me like prayers are being answered positively:)! But I'm still keeping you in mine! Clint and I are in Mesa, AZ for Christmas with Kenna and Elle (and Ranney relatives). We're living in Ignacio, CO again. When you are well, you should consider coming to visit. The good clean crisp air will do you good:). I love you and am so grateful you have good medical care, good friends and a wonderful family. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girlfriend!

    I am so glad to read about your speedy recovery from the surgery. I will be in touch. The best Christmas present is being with family and it appears that may be your gift this Christmas. Take care. I love you and send many hugs your way!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Hatch! Our prayers are with you! My best advice is to listen to the doctors and listen to your wonderful husband! His advice has made me the woman I am today! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    Joyce George Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was so out of he loop. Did not know about your pain and suffering. I am so sorry. You are a fighter, and will win this one. You are in our thoguhts and prayers. Happy you can be wih your family for Christmas. Love, Julie Ann Larson

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great news, i check this everyday and am so happy to hear of the progress, thanks for the updates and merry christmas to you all..Much love

    The williamson Family!

    ReplyDelete