Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The View From Up Here...

Liz was always a chocolate-lover, a party-animal, and a marathon-conversationalist....but who knew she was also an adrenaline-junkie? During a summer trip to Hawaii with Mark and her good friends, the Neuenswanders, Liz strapped herself in, channeled her inner dare-devil, and went for the ride of her life as she zip-lined over the amazing island. It was beautiful. The view was stunning. And that Cancer-thing just didn't matter. The world looks different from above. Sharper. Greener. Bluer. More Peaceful.
And on Monday March 7, 2011, Liz's view changed again. While in the arms of her children, Liz moved on to a sharper, greener, bluer, more peaceful place. We feel her loss...but her influence is still all around us. {In fact, I can hear her editing this post as I type it.} People who love life the way Liz did never really leave us. People who love people the way Liz did are rare. We are better because we knew her. We are stronger because she loved us. We are buoyed by the fact that she would want us to buck up and move forward (trust me on this, I heard it many 'a time growing up). She would urge us to enjoy the view.

She would also want a party. So we are going to accommodate that (...though exactly who will plan it with Liz gone has been a source of much consternation...we'll do our best!). Join us to celebrate her life:
SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2011
NOON
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
1501 HILLCREST AVE.
LIVERMORE, CA
Luncheon to follow for ALL guests.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to any Cancer Foundation, the Educational Foundation, or any program that promotes child literacy.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Erin & Paige, I only hope I have daughters like you someday that will pay tribute to me the way you have done for your mom. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is with you... what a great tribute to a great woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't have posted better words to celebrate Liz's life and this major "rite of passage" that she has experienced. I've thought much about how births and marriages are rites of passage in our lives accompanied by much rejoicing. I can imagine that when Liz passed through the veil this rite of passage was no different. My love goes out to your whole family. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love Liz! She has been such a strength to me! I am so grateful to have known her! Your family is an inspiration to us all!
    Love, the Wright Family, Scott and Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Liz knew how much she impacted the lives of everyone she met. I feel so blessed to have had her in ours and to have had her as a friend. Such an amazing woman. I know there is a big celebration and reunion in Heaven right now. Until we meet again my dear friend....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words... I am blessed to have known your mother, and your family. See you Saturday to celebrate Liz and her amazing life!
    Annalee (Fulkerson) Fay

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly amazing woman who inspired more people than she ever even knew. Liz had an infectious zest for life and an uncanny ability to make all around her feel important. I know I would not be the person I am today without her guidance and help with my homework :-)

    Nathan Collier

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I remember most about your Mom is her happy and positive attitude, which it sounds like she was able to maintain throughout her sickness. Thank you for the beautiful words you communicated to all of us about such an amazing woman. We are all better people for knowing her.
    Love, Emily (West) Donnelly & family

    ReplyDelete
  9. A dear friend...an extroadinary example. Liz knew how to make life happen! Her circle of influence extends to family, friends, and almost anyone who needed a comforting word, a safe harbor, or sound counsel. I look up to and admire her strength and courage. Yes Liz...you left a legacy that will live on forever. You will be missed; however, most of all you'll be remembered. Susan Chilton

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words can not express how we feel. Our emptiness has been filled with a flood of memories. Wonderful memories, that we will treasure forever. Our family sends all our love and hugs to your family. You will be missed Liz, but will be forever in our hearts. You have returned to our Heavenly Father with Honor my friend. Until we meet again.
    All our love
    Cheryle Hahn and Family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liz will be greatly missed! She was an amazing lady with an infectious laugh and positive outlook on life. She was always in charge of church activities and plays, which she did such a great job at. She was my youth leader growing up and I enjoyed that time that I had with her at church or in her home. She taught me a great deal as I watched her children and cleaned her home when she was newly married to Mark. She gave me a wedding shower and I could probably name hundreds of others that she so willing gave parties for. I adore her family and know that they too will miss her presence here on earth! She was a wonderful lady and I will miss her dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Erin and Paige for the time and beautiful entries on this Blog site. Please, please if you still have it in you post about her "Celebration of her life". You girls are wonderful women, yet I completely understand why. Your mom gave you both a gift of her example, motivation, endurance and righteous desires. You two carry on the beauty inside and out of your mom.
    Susie Loomis

    ReplyDelete