Sunday, January 24, 2010

The More Things Change. . .

The More They Stay the Same. . .

And there's been a lot of change for Liz lately. And if change is the norm nowadays, then there is really nothing that has changed about that. Are you following me here?

Liz's body scan revealed a tumor in her Liver. That changes her treatment plan.

Radiation is now no longer an option. That changes her next step to chemotherapy administered in liquid form. She goes in this week to insert a port which will make this treatment easier.

Chemotherapy is set to begin on February 1st. That changes how often she will make the drive into Walnut Creek. She will now go on Mondays for two weeks in a row, followed by a third week off. This schedule will continue until around Memorial day.

Chemotherapy can have some wicked side effects. That changes the drugs she takes to stave off that possibility and magically changes the pharmacist into her new BFF.

What hasn't changed is the resolve Liz has to fight this thing. What hasn't changed is the love and support she has from people like you. What hasn't changed is the fact that she continues to need your prayers, your strength, your broad shoulders. What hasn't changed is the belief that the Lord will only challenge us with that which we can handle.

Maybe things haven't changed that much after all. . .


Jared Changes into Thirty Years Old

9 comments:

  1. I can totally drive you to WC Liz... I'm seriously free any and every day. That says something about my schedule... but this is going to work out great for you! :)

    I'll call to set something up...
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you look so beautiful! I've been following your blog and praying for you. Lots of Love!!!
    Lindsey (Hahn) Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you do look great! Praying for you too! Love, Kimberly (Hahn) Nelson

    P.S. Happy Birthday Jared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you aunt Liz! You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. If I know you at all, you are a fighter and this cancer will never be able to keep up with you. Hang in there!

    Happy birthday to jared too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fight the fight Liz! If anyone can do it -- you're the one!!!

    You are in my prayers, love you!

    PS -- JARED is 30??? Man, I'm OLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I meant what I said. If you need a weekend warrior let me know. I'll be there whenever I can. We love you.

    PS. Our love to the Old Man as well. (That would be you Jared!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read the blog updates I can hear Paige's voice....you are great. It is always "entertaining" to read in a weird way, even though the topics are serious. Liz, I just love ya. You are in our prayers. Good luck soon going to Walnut Creek for chemo. You are wonderful and loved. Hope my mom can come visit for awhile soon at the Hatch Inn. She has some of that wonderful Liz energy too where she can really "git it done".
    As for Jared,....where are the 30 candles on your cake? He must really be dedicated to fire safety.Ha. Love and hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz, our familys prayers are with you, your such a strong woman, we love you to pieces, and love the updates. Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz, this is the first time I've heard the music on your blog...it makes me cry of course:). You have "raised up" so many of us over the years!! Each time I think of you, Mark and your family, I send a little prayer up because I'm afraid I'll forgot when I'm on my knees...it's the age you know! I love you guys and hope and pray for you as often as I can. I'll be you feel Claudia often these days! And thank you, thank you, thank you to Paige and Erin for this blog...it means so much to so many of us! Oh, btw, this is Jan Sweetin (Ranney) again. Mimi is what my grandkids call me.

    ReplyDelete