Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TatWho???

Liz is Gettin' Inked Up!

That's right. Call it rebellion. Call it a wild hair. Call it...radiation, but Liz is getting tattooed tomorrow to aid in the radiation process. Tattoos are so hip nowadays, so why not? She's thinking she'll get a large rose wrapped around a Harley. Or how 'bout a Pegasus flying over billowing clouds and a rainbow? Or perhaps a sweet heart with {Mark} inscribed on the inside?

Or, maybe that's not quite what they mean. What they do mean is that radiation is most likely on the horizon and the marking of her skin will ensure she receives treatment in the same place every time.

Radiation is only an option, however, if we confirm that the cancer has not spread to other parts of the body. Liz will have a full-body scan next week to check that out and if she's clear, it's full speed ahead to the radiation (accompanied by an oral-chemo).

She really liked her oncologist and has confidence in his plan for her (even if that plan is to pump her full of poison). If radiation is not an option, she will move directly to full body chemotherapy administered via a port that she will have placed to make the process easier. Radiation could last anywhere between 5 to 8 weeks for 5 times a week. The side effects are most likely minimal but the goal is lofty...to shrink whatever cancer is left to invade her organs.

We're praying that her body can tolerate whatever is next. We could use your help with that.

Maybe that tattoo should read {Fighter}. Or {Hope}...


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Continued prayers love and support being sent your way. I think the tattoo should say Amazing Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update and for this blog so we can keep track of what is going on with Liz. I think of you daily, Liz, and you are in my prayers. I can't think of anyone with more spirit than you have. As Rhonda said above, I think your tatoo should say Amazing Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are doing this blog! I miss you Aunt Liz! We send our love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for "fighter" as the tatoo! And the port can be used to scare people away when they get on your nerves!! At least that's what Kyle does! :) Our thoughts and prayers and hopes are with you! Prayer works! We love you and wish the best!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz,
    My Mom told me about this blog. Thanks Paige and Erin for hooking us outsiders up with some info.

    Although I'm sad about what I read, I'm glad to be informed and know that I can help through prayer. There is power in numbers.

    Liz, I love you so much -- you have always and will always have a place in my heart -- late nights with Liz...whether it was making won tons or watching you fall asleep while I chatted your ear off.:)

    THANKS for being YOU and loving me for me.
    Fight the good fight girlfriend...as I know you will!!!:)

    Megan Eborn (Ranney)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather Grayson sent me your blog. Thank you for keeping everyone up to date. Since Heather told me about you Liz, Richard and I have prayed for you daily. We also include Mark in those prayers.

    It does not surprise me in the least that you have such a positive attitude Liz. When we first met years ago at "Music Man", I knew that you were a whirlwind full of life and love, determination and talent. I immediately fell in love with you, and that has never changed.

    Liz, know that there are concourses of angels as well as family and friends praying for you. We are all in the hands of the Lord, and we know that He has loving, tender hands

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete